Bad to the Bone Bubbles - Yes, you read the right. Loudoun's first Sparkling wine. And man, it's good. Traditional Method sparkler made with 100% Chardonnay with 3.5 years on its lees prior to disgorging. The lesser time has made this a more fruit forward, but still complex little bottle of bubbles. Awesome for celebrations, but equally great for a Tuesday, because more people need to drink bubbles!
Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 - The first of the varietal wines to hit The Boneyard is this Cab exclusively from Tranquility Vineyard. After 16 months elevage we are happy to finally taste this elegant beauty that also packs some mean Boneyard like structure. Powerful as the animalistic backhoe on the label, but also pretty as the garden beds it once dug up. Just good juice!
Unrefined Rose 2011 - This wine does exactly as The Boneyard promises...It breaks the rules. A blend of primarily Cabernet Franc with smaller amounts of Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Syrah, this wine is softer, creamier and more complex than what you may think of Rose. Barrel fermented and complete malo-lactic fermentation make this Rose different from any you have had before. Bone dry, but soft and creamy with still youthful dried fruit and floral notes. A light spiciness make you think while sipping this stunner...think in a good way that is!
Unrefined White 2011 - Many have already tried this incredible juice, but never with such a cool look. Still vibrant with bright acidity holding together ripe peach and pear fruit character. It is lean, bright and refreshing (perfect this week) with just a touch of sweetness adding balance. This is what to drink when you just want something super good. Blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Viognier and Petit Manseng.
Unrefined Red 2011 - Like the Rose and the White, this wine is unrefined by breaking tradition and rules. A blend to make anyone's head turn, but it tastes so good we had to do it. Since it's The Boneyard we can. A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Tannat, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc, and Mourvedre. This is not a Bordeaux blend, or Rhone style or something you might find from the Southwest of France or anywhere in Europe, or the World for that matter. This is The Boneyard Unrefined Red Wine, and it rocks the house down.
Almost time to Bone up on “The Boneyard”!!! When we released the Boneyard Red and White silently almost a year ago we thought we were awesome and cool. Well…now we don’t think we are cool, we know we are cool. This is the time to show “The Boneyard” as it was meant to be.
Save the date – AUGUST 24TH, 2013! We are going to show you how The Boneyard rolls with its new look and new wines. The original date that was passed around was July 20th, but given how many people are on holidays, and the many other awesome events that are going on that weekend (Vine Club pick up parties, anyone?), we felt that too many people that wanted to be here for it couldn't be. Now, everyone can get in on the action! This is going to be a release no one will want to miss!
What to expect:
- An awesome show headlined by Honor by August.
- The release of the whole new “Boneyard” look, feel and way to experience wine country.
- The release of the new Boneyard Red, White and a new Rose that will blow anyone’s mind. Barrel fermented and aged with lees stirring for 8 months...this Rose is like none other.
- The first Boneyard varietal wine, a Cabernet Sauvignon exclusively from Tranquility Vineyard. Woohoo!
- The first Sparking wine in Loudoun County…Yeah, you read that right, bubbles!!! In fact, Bad to the Bone Bubbles! YEAH!!!
- The launch of the new Boneyard Club - the ONLY way to ensure that you're able to receive some uber exciting new wines that will be released in the not too distant future.
- Exclusive access to the “Champagne Lounge” VIP area at the concert - including some chic tasty bites to enjoy with the elegance of the bubbles and the unrefined rock life style of Boneyard. Only 100 spots available! Buy tix here.
Simply put, The Boneyard and this release party will be off the hook, off the chain, totally rad, totally boss, wicked cool or whatever your crowd calls super awesome. What's the Canadian version of that, eh?
Appreciate and embrace the past, dig for the moment and build for the future. The Boneyard Collection respects centuries of wine artisans while taking on a no-rules, head-first dive into creating some rockin’ wine. BUILD IT, LIVE IT, WORK IT, DIG IT…DRINK IT.